It's always a good idea to have the perfect cookie recipe on hand. This recipe is for chocolate chip cookies, but it allows for you to sub any type of chip in there, be it white chocolate, cherry, butterscotch, you get the idea. These cookies, are not the flat kind; they are puffy, chewy and soft. The texture is de-vine. The recipe itself has been perfected by my mom over the years, and now it is just the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. Use it as a base for any flavor chip you like!
Chocolate (or any flavor chip) Chip Cookie Recipe
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened (not melted)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 12 oz 2 cups chocolate or any flavor chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients, except flour and ensure everything is evenly blended.
- Add flour. Dough should be the consistency of play-dough.
- Roll even, 2 inch balls in the palm of your hands and line at least 2 inches apart on a good, aluminum baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes (checking at 8, oven times vary). If you like a crisper-edged cookie, bake for an additional few minutes.