This skillet combines red potatoes and whole green beans with a WHOLE head of garlic.
That means you get to sneak those greens in there without even using an extra dish.
I like to serve this along side roasted chicken or beef of some kind, its a nice color combo and brightens up the plate.
It's an easy, simple side to go with just about any main you can dish out.
Garlicky Red Potatoes and Green Beans
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5-6 medium red skin potatoes cleaned, quartered
- 1 pound whole green beans fresh or frozen
- 1 head garlic peeled, smashed, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a deep skillet, begin heating olive oil and add potatoes.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are golden brown and fork tender.
- During last 5 minutes add green beans and garlic, butter, salt and pepper, and sauté until garlic is browned and beans are tender.