A two for one! This skillet combines red potatoes and whole green beans with a WHOLE head of garlic. That means you get to sneak those greens in there without even using an extra dish. I like to serve this along side roasted chicken or beef of some kind, its a nice color combo and brightens up the plate. Just an easy, simple side to go with just about any main you can dish out.
An easy and simple side dish that combines a starchy red skin potato with long, whole green beans and tons of garlic.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5–6 medium red skin potatoes (cleaned, quartered)
- 1 pound whole green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 head garlic (peeled, smashed, minced)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a deep skillet, begin heating olive oil and add potatoes.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are golden brown and fork tender.
- During last 5 minutes add green beans and garlic, butter, salt and pepper, and sauté until garlic is browned and beans are tender.