This pasta bake has all the ingredients of a good noodle casserole. You have your cheese (of course), your twisty noodles, sour cream, ground beef, and a crunch bread crumb topping straight outta the 1950’s.Print
Rotini pasta and ground beef, in a cheddar, sour cream, and cream cheese sauce, topped with breadcrumbs and baked until golden brown, and slightly crisp around the edges.
- 42 oz beef stock
- 16 oz short twisted pasta like rotini or rotelle
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 oz sharp cheddar (shredded off the block)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, homemade or store bought
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown beef in a skillet.
- Bring beef stock to a rolling boil, add pasta, and continue to boil on almost highest heat, for half of package direction’s cooking time, allowing the stock to reduce.
- Add ground beef, and pasta with stock to a 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Mix in sour cream, cream cheese, and shredded cheese and onion powder. Bake, covered for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir well until cheeses are melted through; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Put dish back in oven, this time uncovered and increase heat to 425. Bake for 5-10 minutes until edges are crispy and golden brown.