This light, sweet and spicy salsa is great as a snack with chips, or on your favorite tacos. Grilled mango, avocado, and jalapeno bring the sweet and the heat!
Grilled Mango Jalapeno Salsa
- 1 large mango, ripe but not soft
- 1 large jalapeno
- 1 medium avocado diced
- 1/4 bunch cilantro
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- Heat a grill pan or cast iron skillet to high heat.
- Looking at the mango, figure out which direction the pit runs flat, and then cut each side off, as close to the pit as possilble.
- Score the inside of each mango side, running the knife through until you reach the skin, without going through. Make a checkerboard pattern.
- Lightly brush the fruit side with oil, and grill for just 30 seconds, until you can see grill marks.
- Remove mango from grill, and press thumbs into the peel, so that the cut inside spreads outwards and the squares pop out and can be cut off of the rind. Cut them off and place in a medium bowl.
- Dice avocado and add to bowl.
- Thinly slice the jalapeno into the bowl; use a half for milder heat, and a whole for a spicier salsa.
- Chop cilantro into bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime over bowl, lightly toss.
- Serve with chips, or over your favorite tacos