Good luck keeping these tiny sloppy joe sliders from flying off the plate when you serve them to your hungry crowd. Done in under 30 minutes!
When in doubt, serve sliders! Always a good food go-to for get togethers, much like these pulled pork sliders.
These miniature sized sloppy joe sliders are perfect for a hungry crowd because they're appetizer sized and satisfying.
Unlike traditional sloppy joes, these sloppy joe sliders also incorporate a little bit of cheese which along with their mini size, make them perfect for snacking.
Ground beef- extra lean; if using higher fat content beef drain the fat
Tomato paste- canned
Onion- sweet onion or yellow onion, minced
Slider rolls- any slider roll, or Hawaiian sweet rolls, or dinner rolls in a pinch
Brown the ground beef.
Heat a skillet on medium high heat.
Add the ground beef and minced onions.
Break it up with a spatula as much as possible and sauté until fully browned.
Once the ground beef is browned, drain any excess grease.
Add the tomato paste, and seasonings.
Sauté for a few minutes to allow the spices to toast and the flavor of the tomato paste to develop.
Add the water, bring to a simmer, and sauté until the liquid has mostly evaporated, and there is a good sloppy joe type consistency.
Turn off the heat, sprinkle in the shredded cheese. Stir to combine
Spoon the ground beef mixture onto slider rolls or sliced rolls of any other kind.
Pile these onto a plate and watch them disappear.
Check out these related recipes that you can make to feed a hungry crowd.
If you made these sloppy joe sliders, leave a comment or rating below.
Sloppy Joe Sliders
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 cup sweet or yellow onion minced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika not smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 slider rolls can sub Hawaiian sweet rolls or dinner rolls
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat.
- Add ground beef and minced onion to the hot skillet, break up the ground beef and sauté until the meat is browned.
- Add the 6 ounces of tomato paste, and all of the spices. Stir, and sauté for a minute or two to toast spices and darken tomato paste.
- Add water to the skillet, stir and simmer for 2-3 minutes until most of liquid is evaporated and sloppy joe consistency is obtained.
- Remove sloppy joe meat from the heat, and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pile sloppy joe mixture onto slider rolls and serve.