These bowls are kind of a combination Buddha bowl and sushi bowl. I figure, we can put whatever we want to in them. Our bowls are our business. I’m trying to get back into shape after having my fourth baby, so these little lunch time delights are really low on calories, in fact, I think I added up the Weight Watchers points, and these come to about 7. Nice, right?! The sauce is just some Greek yogurt and sesame paste, lime juice, with a little heat from cayenne pepper and a little sweet from sugar. Easy. You could even cook the chicken and rice the night before, slice up your veggies and put it together when you’re ready to enjoy lunch that day.Print
Chicken breast, spinach, cucumber, lime and cilantro over rice with a creamy and spicy Greek yogurt sauce.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cups white rice (cooked)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 medium lime
- small bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cucumber (sliced in half circles )
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp sesame paste
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Baste thawed chicken breast with soy sauce, squeeze juice of half a lime over it and bake until cooked through.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Meanwhile, slice and prepare veggies for arrangement in bowl.
- Whisk together yogurt, sugar, sesame paste and cayenne.
- Arrange spinach on bottom of bowl. Once cooked, lay rice over spinach. Slice chicken breast and lay around one side of bowl on top of rice. Arrange cucumber on other side. Top with cilantro, more fresh squeezed lime, and sauce.
- Refrigerate remaining yogurt sauce.