I cannot express in words, or in pictures just how delicious these simple sliders are. The fact that they are so simple makes the fact that they are so delicious even more surprising. Use your favorite thin sliced ham and Swiss (I like baby Swiss because its sweeter–and it ties into the other ingredients.) They get a little tangy kick from the honey mustard poppy seed dressing, which, by the way, is a breeze to make, and super light. Not too mustard-y at all. The rolls can be made in the bread machine (or bought at the store, you definitely don’t need to go all out here, if you don’t want too. But if you do purchase them, get the Hawaiian sweets), and they get topped with honey butter and thrown in a low oven just long enough to melt everything and heat through. These sweet, melt-y little sandwiches are perfect for weekend snacking, kids lunches, or as appetizers for get togethers and potlucks.Print
Thin sliced ham, melted Swiss cheese, and a mustard and honey poppy seed dressing, on sweet slider rolls with melted honey butter.
- 1 pound good deli ham, sliced very thin
- 8 ounces baby Swiss cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey (for dressing)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon honey (for rolls)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- If making rolls, add all dough ingredients to bread machine, set to bread cycle. When cycle is through, roll dough out onto a floured surface. Separate into 12 equal parts and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Cover with a light towel. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Let rise for 30 minutes (it’s alright if rolls are touching.) Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until rolls are just under golden-brown. Let cool before assembling sandwiches.
- Set oven temperature to 250 degrees.
- Cut each slider roll in half crosswise.
- Mix together mayo, ground mustard, vinegar, honey, poppy seed and salt.
- Begin assembling sliders, ham on the bottom, then cheese, then a drizzle of dressing, topping with top bun.
- Combine melted butter and honey, brush onto top buns.
- Bake in 250 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is melted, and sandwiches are heated through.