These cute little cookies are so easy, and so perfect for summer, with their colorful, fruity chips! The cookies are super soft and chewy, and you can easily double the batch and freeze them for later.
This isn’t one of those recipes where you need to sift and mix certain ingredients in one bowl, and others in another bowl before combining them; everything goes into one bowl. It could not be easier.
The perfect cookie is like a good hair day. It has volume, it’s soft, and you can smell it when you walk by. The way to achieve this in a cookie, in the wise words from my mom, is that the consistency of the dough needs to be just like Play-Dough. Sometimes, as we mix and measure (or eyeball), things can get off just slightly, so if you find that your dough has a creamy texture, or a dough that your kids couldn’t mold fake poop out of (is it just mine?), then that tells you you need to add more flour. Just add a little bit at a time until you have the dough right, but make sure you get that consistency: Play-Dough, Play-Dough, Play-Dough. You can really apply this to any cookie recipe, in which you want the cookies chewy, soft and voluminous.
And there you have it: Big, Sexy, Cookie 🙂Print
Soft, chewy, puffy cookies with white chocolate and cherry chips
- 3/4 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 sticks butter (softened )
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup cherry flavored baking chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except for flour and baking chips. Mix, mix, mix until everything is smooth and completely combined.
- Add flour and baking chips, and stir to combine. Dough should be the consistency of Play-Dough.
- Roll about 2-inch balls in your hands, don't use the drop method. Space each ball a couple inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes, until bottoms and very edges are golden brown.
Leftover dough can be rolled into balls, and frozen until ready to bake at 375 degrees for 10-14 minutes.