Country Sausage Gravy
Country style, skillet sausage gravy
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 3 cups milk whole or 2% works best, but can use 1%
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour whisked with 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper
In a deep skillet, brown sausage until very crispy.
1/2 cup flour with 1/2 cup water in small cup.
Pour milk and flour mixture into pan and whisk until smooth.
Simmer for 10 minutes until thick.
Salt and pepper generously to taste.
- After frying the sausage, you may drain the grease as much as desired.
- Leaving some grease in helps to flavor the gravy.
- To remove extra grease after draining, pat the sausage and wipe the pan down with a paper towel.
- For a richer gravy, use whole or 2% milk, although any milk can be used.
- Country gravy needs to be seasoned generously with salt and pepper or it will be bland.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 533mg | Potassium: 360mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 254IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 1mg