Country Sausage Gravy
Country style, skillet sausage gravy
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 3 cups milk whole or 2% works best, but can use 1%
- ½ cup all purpose flour whisked with ½ cup water
- salt and pepper
In a deep skillet, brown sausage until very crispy.
½ cup flour with ½ cup water in small cup.
Pour milk and flour mixture into pan and whisk until smooth.
Salt and pepper generously to taste.
Simmer for 10-25 minutes until thickened, and flour taste has disappeared.
- After frying the sausage, you may drain the grease as much as desired.
- Leaving some grease in helps to flavor the gravy.
- The sausage gravy may be stored in zip lock freezer bags for up to 6 months in the freezer.
- Run the bags under lukewarm water for 60 seconds to loosen from the bag.
- Reheat on the stove top, covered, on medium heat until bubbling hot.
- Alternatively, heat from frozen in the slow cooker on high heat for 4 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 533mg | Potassium: 360mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 254IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 1mg