Homemade buttermilk ranch dry seasoning for use in ranch dressing, ranch dip, and all recipes that call for store bought ranch seasoning mix.
Servings: 20 servings
- 1/2 cup buttermilk powder see note to DIY this ingredient
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsps salt more or less to taste, and diet
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Add buttermilk powder, dried parsley, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, sugar, salt and pepper to a medium sized mixing bowl.
Use a fork or whisk to combine until evenly mixed.
Store in an air tight container in the pantry for up to 3 months.
- Dry buttermilk powder can be found at the grocery store in the same aisle as the baking and spices, along side the dehydrated milk.
- To make your own dried buttermilk, refer to post link, or simply dehydrate buttermilk in food dehydrator or oven and then pulse in a blender.
- To make ranch dressing, mix 3 tablespoons of prepared mix with 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise adn 1/2 cup buttermilk (can substitute regular milk). Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- To make ranch dip, mix 2 tablespoons of prepared mix with 1 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Store in fridge for up to one week.
- Use interchangeably with any Hidden Valley Ranch packet seasoning recipe. 2 tablespoons of prepared mix is equivalent to a 1-ounce packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 14kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 366mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg