Apricot BBQ Sauce
Sweet and tangy apricot barbecue sauce, for brushing on grilled chicken, pork and all your grilled favorites.
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp white ground pepper more or less for heat
- 1 tsp salt
Add small amount of oil, tomato paste, garlic and onion powders, both kinds of paprika, and cumin to a small sauce pan and saute on medium heat for five minutes until spices are toasted and fragrant.
Stir in the water, apple cider vinegar, apricot jam, honey, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and salt and pepper.
On medium high heat simmer for 15-20 minutes until reduced by half and thickened.
Cool and store in an airtight container in fridge until ready to use.
- Use chunky or smooth apricot jam, and either leave pieces in, or puree once the sauce has simmered all the way.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Adjust the pepper amount up or down depending on heat desired. Swapping for cayenne pepper will increase spiciness.
- Will store for up to one month in fridge, covered.
Calories: 46kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 122IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg