Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins
Moist, fluffy muffins dotted with red raspberries and white chocolate pieces, finished with a white chocolate drizzle.
Servings: 18 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour plus more for dusting raspberries
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter one stick, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 cups raspberries fresh or frozen, roughly chopped
White Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 cup white chocolate pieces or chips
- 3 tbsp milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Add oil, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla and white chocolate pieces and mix until combined.
Roughly chop raspberries and dust lightly with flour.
Fold the raspberries into the batter.
Fill lined muffin tins 2/3 of the way full and bake for 20-28 minutes until tops spring back when gently poked; cool.
Heat the 1 cup white chocolate chips/chunks with 3 tablespoons of milk in the microwave at 30 second bursts, stirring between, until melted. Can also use a small saucepan on low heat.
Use a fork or whisk to drizzle melted white chocolate mixture over cooled muffins.
- Use fresh or frozen raspberries, but lightly dust with flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the batter.
- Only fold the raspberries in with a light hand to avoid mashing them and streaking the batter.
- Cool muffins before drizzling with white chocolate.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 77IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 1mg