How to Make Brown Sugar
Easy instructions for how to make brown sugar.
Servings: 4 cups
- 4 cups granulated white sugar
- 4 tablespoons molasses double for dark brown sugar
Pour granulated sugar into a mixing bowl.
Measure 4 tablespoons of molasses for light brown sugar, or 8 tablespoons for dark brown sugar and add to the sugar in the bowl.
Mix with a large spoon or fork, or in a stand mixer with paddle attachment until it resembles brown sugar exactly.
- Use a ratio of 1 tablespoon molasses per cup of sugar for light brown sugar
- Use a ratio of 2 tablespoons (double) of molasses per cup of sugar for dark brown sugar
- To make light brown sugar into dark brown sugar, just add 1 tablespoon of molasses