Toasted Pecan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Warm and gooey, with just the right amount of crispy on the edges, packed full of toasted pecans and bits of semi sweet chocolate baked into a peanut butter skillet cookie.
- 1/2 cup pecans halves, unsalted
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, softened at room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter smooth style
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate pieces chips or chunks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Toast pecans in a single layer on a dry skillet on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes until fragrant. Remove from pan and onto a plate or bowl to set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix softened butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
Add peanut butter, baking soda and flour and stir until smooth.
Add toasted pecans and chocolate pieces; reserve some for the top of the cookie if desired.
Grease skillet with butter on sides and bottom.
Spread the batter into the skillet in an even layer.
Add any reserved pecan or chocolate chunks over the top of the cookie dough (optional).
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes for an 8 inch pan until edges are brown and crispy.
Let cool about 20 minutes, serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
- Pecans should be unsalted, and in halves.
- Once pecans are toasted, move them to a plate or bowl so they don't accidentally burn on the pan.
- Don't substitute margarine for butter, and don't melt butter. Soften at room temp.
- If desired, reserve a little of the chocolate pieces and pecans to scatter on top of the cookie dough before baking, so that they pop out and make the cookie more appetizing.
- An oven safe skillet can be used if you don't have a cast iron skillet. Whichever skillet is used, grease it with butter for this recipe.
- Take not of the skillet size (diameter) you're using and adjust cooking time accordingly: larger than 8 inches, subtract a few minutes, smaller than 8 inches, add a few minutes.
- Serving suggestion: warm with a scoop of ice cream.
- Store leftover cookie and reheat directly in the skillet at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes until warm, or reheat in microwave for about 30 seconds on high.
- Cookie can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days, covered.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 83IU | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 3mg