Spicy ground sausage, garlic saute'd kale, and ripe tomatoes tossed in a creamy Parmesan sauce with linguine pasta in under 30 minutes.
Spicy Sausage and Kale Pasta
- 1 lb hot Italian ground sausage
- 1 lb linguine pasta-cooked to al dente set aside a cup of pasta cooking water
- 1 head kale chopped and rinsed
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 medium tomatoes diced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta to al dente (a minute or two under tender). Drain pasta, reserving a cup of pasta water (you may or may not use this at the end, if you prefer a thinner or thicker sauce).
- Remove kale from ribs (woody stems and veins), rinse clean and rough chop
- In a heavy skillet fry sausage until crispy; set aside.
- Drain grease but reserve a couple tablespoons in the pan.
- On medium high heat add minced garlic and tomato to pan; saute until garlic becomes fragrant and tomatoes become soft.
- Add white wine and stock to pan; simmer about 5 minutes until reduced.
- Add kale to pan and saute until leaves turn dark green and become soft. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the cooked pasta and fried sausage back to pan, toss to combine.
- Reduce heat to low. Add heavy cream and Parmesan; toss to coat pasta. Remove from heat and serve.