Super soft, homemade hoagie rolls from the bread machine (and rolled by hand on the counter).
These homemade bread machine hoagie rolls are so incredibly soft and elevate any sandwich you make with them.
These are so easy because the bread machine does the hard work, and you get to do the fun part, which is rolling them up! It's only about 10 minutes of hands-on time, while the rest is spent in the machine, rising or baking.
Try these other related recipes.
Homemade Bread Machine Hoagie Rolls
- 3 ¼ cups bread flour
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cups water
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoon instant yeast
- 3 tablespoon butter
- Add all ingredients to bread machine and set to dough only cycle.
- When cycle is complete, turn dough out onto a floured surface. Using a dough scraper or knife, divide dough into six equal parts.
- Stretch the dough out into 1 inch thick rectangles, and roll them up.
- Roll each section into a long tube about 4 inches long, and pinch the seam together- that will be the underside so flip it over once it's pinched.
- Slice each top long ways with a sharp knife, down the middle, or make several slashes going across. This helps the rise further. Let rise another 30-60 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Once cooled, slice for sandwich making.
- If desired, brush with a beaten egg before baking for a shiny, golden crust.
- Second rise may take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes.